Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fear is Not the Only Force

Here is the poem that I wrote last year for this date.  I still believe what it says, and I hope that we have moved closer to understanding.

Remember that fear is not the only force at work in the world today.

All of it.
The hate that those people had for our nation.
The hate that my fellow countrymen have for the religon that has been tried, and convicted in the court of public opinion.
My heart has been changed.
My heart wants the same forgiveness that God had for our whole world.
Now my heart breaks more for the ignorant hate that seems to have invaded our politics, our schools, and our religions around the world.
Won't you pray for them too? My daily struggle is to hope that the same forgivness that I have found in my religion can be found in the hearts of our brothers and sisters around the world.

1 comment:

  1. "Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding." -Einstein

    ReplyDelete