Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Going to be Great!

Have a mentioned that I am going to be a great-aunt?  

Lacey and Jason Lee are going to be having a boy very soon.  I am excited to be planning some baby centered knitting projects.

Jason & Lacey
"Heather", you say, "I don't think that you're old enough to be a great aunt."  Well this, my friend, is not the case.  Here is the break down of the family tree.

  • I am married to James. 
  • James is about 7 years older than me. 
  • James has a sister, Sherri. 
  • Sherri is about 16 years older than James. 
  • This makes Sherri about 22 years older than me, and the same age as my mother.  By the way, this isn't weird at all (note sarcasm). 
  • Sherri's kids are only slightly younger than me, and are both newly weds.
  • Stacy is Sherri's youngset and was just married in June to a great guy named Jason.
  • Sherri's oldest, his name is also Jason, is married to Lacey.
  • We have to use last names in this group!  It can get confusing, and with my mother-in-law's hearing problems...well, don't get me started!
  • Jason and Lacey are going to be parents soon, making James and me Great Uncle and Aunt. 
Caleb and my sister (just kidding, Meg!)


I love being an aunt.  Caleb is the coolest kid, but he lives in Virginia, and I don't get to see him very often.  I think that being a great aunt to a great nephew will be great, but only based on my aunt experience with Caleb, the nephew.

1 comment:

  1. You are an old soul but a young great aunt.

    ReplyDelete