Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Do You Know How To...?

There are instructions on how to do something every where.  Don't know how to wash that shirt you're wearing?  Well, you have a few options.  First on most washing machines there are instructions on the lid.  Select the amount of water you want in the wash tub, select the temperature of the water, select the cycle. There is even a fabric guide.  Washing machine doesn't have the instructions?  Look on the label!  The label will even tell you how to iron it.
The point here is that there are instructions everywhere.  Anything that you need to do, there are instructions on it.  If you don't believe me then just google how to do something.  More than likely you will be flooded with pages upon pages of how to do X. 
I have been busy looking for a full time job.  There are a lot of instructions on how to look for a job.  Do the instructions give you the right information?  I hate to say it, but I have never gone this long without the next opportunity, and it has only been three weeks.
Unlike washing that shirt the instructions on the job search are not clear & direct.  I like clear & direct. I am not getting clear & direct.
In the next few weeks I will be working on making my daily goals clear & direct.  I think that if I keep one part of this adventure clear & direct I will better handle the 1,000,000 + instructions on how to look for a job.

2 comments:

  1. Life doesn't have instructions. And, as a subset of that, neither does marriage or parenthood. The phrase "sink or swim" seems coupled with those endeavors. Thank goodness, finding a job is a LOT easier than those. The ancillary aspects of KEEPING a job and SUCCEEDING at a job are sort of like them, though.

    Good luck. And tuck in your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I will have to say that I am too "hippy" (and not peace signs or tye-dye) to tuck in my shirt.

    ReplyDelete