Monday, March 1, 2010

Its a New Year

There are many ways to welcome in the new year. There is the traditional and standard way on January 1st--also called the Gregorian Calendar.  It works, and gets everyone on the same page. 

Did you know the Chinese New Year just happened the same day as St. Valentine's Day?  We are now in the year of the Tiger.  There are 12 animals assigned to each year.  The animals cycle, so someone that is 12 years older than you has the same animal sign.  Last year was the year of the Ox.  James is an Ox. Next year will the the year of the Rabbit.  I am a Monkey. 

I had lunch in a Chinese food restaurant last week, and the place mats had the personality traits of people born in those years.  If you have an opportunity you should look up the year that you were born and your assigned animal.  Do the traits fit?  For James & me they fit us almost exactly.  There was just one trait per sign that was the exact opposite of how we behave.

Today is my 30th birthday.  I am starting my New Year today.  Today's date is 30/1 (just for me & my birthday twins- of course)  The last day of my year will be dated 30/365. 
As with any New Year the question of what I am going to be resolute to do or be is forefront in my mind.  Can I make New Year's Resolutions today?  (Yes, of course you can-- you are, after all, pretty AND smart!)

Resolution 1:  Don't yell.  I was once told that if I had a super power it would be my voice.  I could yell or scream you into submission. Certain members of my household have let me know that this is not my best attribute.
Resolution 2:  Be patient with my husband.  He is an Ox, and if you read the description you know that can be a mixed bag.
Resolution 3:  Call my dad at least once a week. I am a grown up now, and its really not important to keep the number of initial phone calls equal. 
Resolution 4:   Be mindful of others. I love to gossip!  Enough said.
Resolution 5:   Be mindful of and for myself.  There is a lot to do this year.  This list is long, and I have to keep up my strength, physically & mentally.

When does your New Year begin?  Are you going to resolve to anything new?

No comments:

Post a Comment