Monday, March 15, 2010

Muriel England


This past Sunday I had the honor of attending a memorial service for a long time member of my church.  Muriel was 91 when she passed away last Thursday. I can't remember when I first met Muriel, but I have a lot of memories.  One of her daughter's was the first person to know that James and I were going to be engaged. We ran into Susie while ring shopping.

Muriel had a granddaughter that lived in San Angelo, where I went to college.  Every time I came home from school I would see Muriel, and she would tell me that Valerie was waiting for my call.  I never called.  On Sunday I heard Valerie's husband, Neil, speak about Muriel (or Gigi as she was known), how much she was really loved by her whole family.  I finally introduced myself to them, and I wish that I would have called them way back when.

A few years Muriel moved to Sherman, Texas to be close to another one of her daughters.  I hope she knows that she was missed.  I hope that she knows that she is missed still.

Muriel, you are still Pretty & Smart in my book.

1 comment: