Monday, March 8, 2010

Crafty

Many of you know that I am crafty.  I once held the title of "Craft Queen" at Camp Champions. I know the store layouts Hobby Lobby & Micheal's. (By the way there are several layouts for each chain, and I am familiar with many of them.)  I recently had to re-organize my craft corner.  Crafts take up a lot of room.  One day when I get to design my own home there will be a room just for crafts.  But, I digress.

At the beginning of last fall (as we were waiting for our severance checks) all of us were getting crafty at finding things to do, so we got crafty.  Chantel started to crochet.  I knew how at one time, so I decided to see if it was still in me.  It was, so I started to crochet too.  It seemed like we had dueling crochet needles.  I know that I saw Chantel crochet at least 15 scarves.  (I am lucky to have one of them!) 
A few weekends ago I went to an all girls party.  There were no boys allowed.  The plan:  Learn how to knit.

The muscle memory is way different, and I feel like a foal learning to get her legs under her.  In this case getting my hands around the needles.  I think I have it down. 

Chantel is on the Praireland Tour, and won't be in Austin for another two weeks!  When she gets back I plan on teaching her how to knit too! Let the countdown begin! .......Knit 2....Purl 2....Knit 2...Purl 2...

1 comment:

  1. You are crafty! I have painted plates with you ...

    ReplyDelete