Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Love NPR!

I love NPR! Every morning I log in to my computer, and download Morning Edition, the previous day’s All Things Considered. I listen with interest and focus. I have learned, so much about this world that I live in.

This is what I learned about yesterday:
  • There is a migrant worker/immigrant debate in Italy that has turned violent in the past week.
  • 41.6% of people ages 12-54 are myopic (near sighted) as compared to 25% of the same age group in 1970’s.
  • A study that was published in Nature Neuroscience may lead to another way of curing migraines (I suffer from migraines, so this is really interesting to me).
  • Al-Qaida is contracting for terrorist attacks.
  • The Cook County, Illinois County Prosecutor is looking into the methods that were used by students of the Innocence Project.
These random stories have helped me to know that the world is bigger than my home, work, family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. I also love NPR so much! I feel a day without ATC is a sad day, one where I have no idea what's going on in the world. I also love KUT in general--I listen literally all day. Jon Aeilli and Jay Trachtenburg are my best work friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget THIS AMERICAN LIFE. I heart Ira Glass.

    ReplyDelete