Friday, January 8, 2010

This is My Daughter's Nephew


My mother, who recently retired, had a picture of The Nephew and me on her desk at work. Because I am pretty, and The Nephew is totally good looking there were tons of compliments on how great we look, and also questions on what my mother’s grandson’s name is. The answer to the inevitable question was always “He is my daughter’s nephew.” This did meet with some confusion. I am of the age when I could have kids, but The Nephew is not my child or my mother’s grandson.

I have a complicated family tree. I have 4 parents and 11 grandparents. One of the greatest things about being in my family is that all of my parents get along! So here is the key to the riddle: My mom is married to Jack. My dad is married to Joan. Joan is Sister Meg's mom, and Sister Meg is The Nephew’s mom (that's them in the photo). Got it? Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment