Thursday, January 14, 2010

I’m with Coco.

Are you Team Jay or Team Conan? I’m with Conan. I have been keeping track of this fine debate for the past several days, and I have decided that Conan is getting a raw deal. I will agree with several pundits ( I can’t believe that they are really debating this on “news” shows) in that the Late Night audience is not ready for Conan’s brand of humor, but I really enjoy him. I particularly love it when he adjusts his stance marionette-style, and who can deny that hair! (Conan- Don’t ever apologize for your perfect do!) NBC has totally denied Conan the opportunity to lead an institution of late night television. If Jay does go into the 11:35 (10:35) time slot he will just be competing with Stephen Colbert, and if comes down to Jay or Stephen I am team Stephen.

What is the lesson here? You are your own best advocate. In my experience as a working adult the best person to let your boss know how awesome you are is you. The best person to let your boss know how innovative & how much initiative you take is you. The best person to show you in your best light is you. Conan has put himself in his best light, by standing by what is important to him & saying, in a polite and courteous tone, “I am deciding what is best for me.”

I predict that NBC will do what they think is best for them (which is not what is best) and let Conan move along. Conan will undoubtedly not have any trouble finding another outlet, and so I wish him luck. Conan- Even though you are a guy I think you’re pretty & smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment