Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Do You Believe in Karma?

Do you believe in Karma?  Well, I do.  Here is my anecdote of karma in action from Saturday.  James and I were getting breakfast at Einstein's, and I saw a mug that I really liked.  The mug was $2.49, and the first cup of coffee was free-- $0.99 after that.  The order taker had rung me up for the $0.99 refill.  When we got down to the cashier I corrected her and paid the extra $1.50.  Well, honesty pays.  On our way home from our errands of the day another driver caught our attention, and told us that our back tire was low on air.  We were saved about $80 for a new tire! 

I think my honesty made everything line up, so I wouldn't be out the cost of the tire.  I hope being nice and honest is something that makes you happy.   This type of situation happens often to me.  I know because I am aware when strangers are nice and kind.  Reminds me of a carpenter from long ago.  I hope that you find joy in being nice and honest.  People are just waiting to return the gesture.

1 comment:

  1. Good post :) I love that ad where people are nice to each other because they see other people being nice.

    ReplyDelete