Thursday, February 25, 2010

How Do You Eat an Elephant?

I am well into my first week of not having a job. Wednesday morning was the first breakdown.  I was on my way to running an errand, and since I slept late I didn't see James before he left for work.  I called him on the phone, and he talked me off the ledge.

I have been digesting the things that I learned in the DBM wrokshop.  I basically have not been working for the past three months (even though I have been collecting a paycheck), and the tasks ahead of me are ENOURMOUS.  Its hard not become overwhelmed. 

So here is my plan.  I am going to get up at a decent hour everyday.  I am going to eat breakfast.  I am going to go somwhere (even if its around the block), and I am going to get to work on finding full time work. 

So, How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.   Don't worry-I am not into eating REAL elephants!

1 comment:

  1. I think the first week after I quit my job I slept til noon every day. Then I went to work at Grace Garden until I could get a real job so I had some income. Then I spent all the rest of my free time scouring job sites and practicing interview questions. Kirk is quite the interview question taskmaster.

    I also had a small breakdown soon after, circled around my identity. Who am I if I don't work at Dell? Luckily I figured it out and am much happier in the post-Dell world.

    ReplyDelete