Friday, February 19, 2010

My Last Days at Work - Part II

Today was supposed to be my third last day at work.  I have been keeping a count down, and today was to be the day.  As noted in several past posts, I have been let go from the job I have had for the last two years. 

Two days ago the remaining loan center employees were called together and we were told that we would be done at 3:00 that day.  (There are only 5 people remaining in my old department & that number includes 3 managers.) That was Wednesday so, the way I see it is I got two days of vacation.  I wanted to put this post on the day that I have been counting down to.  I wanted this post to sit for a little while, so could process the early release.

As soon as the Big Boss called us all together I knew the words before she spoke them.  I wasn't sad.  I was RELIEVED!   It has been fifteen months.  Fifteen months ago the company's stock fell to an all time low.  Fourteen months ago half of the department was laid off.  Thirteen months ago we started the new year in high hopes.  Twelve months ago faith began to fade.  Six months ago the FDIC shut us down & the Spanish Overlords took over.  Five months ago we were offered severance.  One month ago we started to wrap up the good byes.  Really, we have been saying good-bye for one year and two months. 

I am glad that this downhill ride is finally over, but I want to tell you my friends that you all have enriched my life like no other.  I will miss eating lunch (and sometimes breakfast) everyday with you all.  Tea Time will be missed.

To you Andrea, Chantel, & Dee you all have become my sisters.  It took me a long time to know what it means to have and be a sister, so I hope you know how you all have impacted me. 

To Dan, Aaron & Omair, You all have been the best male friends I have ever had. Thank you for being my friends.  Thanks for the final Tea Time toast.  You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment