Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Knowing Who You Are

Today I went to a career develpment workshop.  It was put on by DBM, and the consultant was great.  She was easy to listen to, and the information was good to know.  Elenor provided insight on how resumes get pre-screened by a computer, and how to make sure my resume gets through.

I have a lot of study ahead of me.  I have to study about who I am.  What I have done and how I communicate (I do it loud and directly).  I have to learn about the companies that I am applying to, and I have to come up with questions to ask them.

I guess these are things that I already knew, but the workshop provided strategies to get it done.  I am actually looking forward to practicing articulating what I am all about.  I look forwatrd to putting into better words how pretty & smart I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment